Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Church and William update

Tonight I left William in the church nursery for the first time! He did great! I think he was kind of laughing at the other babies that were crying!!!
Beth and Chris both got clubber of the month. Beth did good working on her golds, silvers and verses, but I really had to push Chris to get him to work on them. He kind of freaked out on me and said stuff like you are forcing me and pushing me. I told him I was, but it was for a good reason. Aren't I the awful parent forcing my son to memorize the Bible!
I was really touched by Pastor Scott's message to the Sr. Highers aka CALLED group tonight! It was on praying when we have anxiety. He said we should pray in this order-
Adoration
Confession
Thanksgiving
Supplication.
That way by the time we get to "asking" we are in the right mind set. It really helped me be reminded of what to do when we have hard times and why.
It was nice to go to church tonight as we didn't make it on Sunday. Keith went in the ditch on his way home from work. He wasn't hurt and neither was the van. However, a towing ban was placed on shortly after he went in the ditch so they weren't able to tow it out right away. Thankfully Joel and Steph loaned us their car, so we didn't have to worry about Keith getting to work that night. The towing ban was lifted around 8 pm and we got back home with the van in time for Keith to get to work.
Last night William slept what I would say is all night-He ate at 9:30 pm and awoke at 7:30 am. Me being the not normal mother did not freak out since he did kind of wake me up at 6ish and I was 1/2 asleep. I was surprised that he took his pacifier and went back to sleep. God has truly blessed us with a good baby! He likes to be held and talked to, but is ok to lay and look around unless he is hungry. He had his first round of shoots on Tuesday and only cried for a short time. He now weighs 11 lbs 5 oz! The doctor is pleased that he is at 50 % which is where he was at birth. That means no more 1 week trips to get weighed. I think the nurses are going to miss him. They all love his blue eyes and smiles!
Tomorrow I need to clean, and finish up Beth's skirt for Easter Sunday. I'm not sure I would mind cleaning if someone-my children would pick everything up for me and do dishes. Maybe I need to put on the Price is Right since I use to watch it while I cleaned other people's houses. Maybe it will get me in the mood to clean!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

tamre

that's so funny that "the price is right" is your cleaning show...that's what i used to clean other people's houses to as well! funny! william is so cute and according to this book i follow called "on becoming babywise", babies (even ones that have had a tough start) are physically able to sleep through the night at seven weeks. so, enjoy it! my daughter ashlynn slept ten hours every night starting at ten weeks! i'm not so sure my little guy will do the same - last night he woke me twice again!