Saturday, May 30, 2009

My Kids


God has truly blessed us with very unique kids. We have Beth who is 12 and trying hard to be a friend to all and fit in youth group. I think it is hard going from the sponsor's kid to a teen. She hurt her foot at Tulip Time and it is still really bothering her. We are kind of worried as she goes to water and work week at camp in a week. I am praying that it will really heal this week, so she can have a good week. I feel like this is the last week we'll have together for awhile and it is sad as we have been getting along and enjoying each others company.
Chris finished soccer season today. He has improved over the season, but still has a ways to go. He right now is at a birthday party/ sleep over for a friend at church. I'm sure he'll be exhausted tomorrow after 2 games and then the party, but he'll still want to go swimming. So we'll try to go. He wasn't feeling the best yesterday/ He said he had a sore throat and he had a cough. I hope that doesn't get worse. He can be helpful one minute and naughty the next. It's crazy!
5 years ago tomorrow Nicholas went to heaven! While he was with us only a short time, he made a lasting impact on our life. We talk of him and the time we had him. Beth and Chris have special memories of him and the time they spent at Jeff and Sherry's. Keith and I have memories of him and the time we spent together. We spent the most time together as a couple during those months than any other time in our marriage. Especially the week Nicholas was in Iowa City. We are thankful for the ones who heard the gospel at his funeral and for the 1 teen we know accepted Christ because of Nicholas. My prayer is that we can continue to use Nicholas as a chance to minister to others.
William is smiling and laughing a ton. His new thing is trying to suck on his fingers and his bottle at the same time! It doesn't quite work the best. He also has been enjoying the new veggies I've been giving him. He really likes green beans!!! I'm so thankful to God that he gave him to us now as our other kids have become more independent and gone more in the summer. (I know that seems odd, but hey I really enjoy kids!!!)

4 comments:

TRUNNELL NEWS said...

What a great photo!

Mark and Laura said...

I love that picture. It turned out great. Thanks for sharing about your kids too. It is amazing how God makes each of us so differently and how we are each used for a different purpose in the body.

Hope you enjoy going through all the new clothes. I'll try to bring more next time. Not sure when that will be yet but I'm sure it will be sometime this summer.

gamergeekwife said...

What a wonderful relationship you have with each of your children. I admire your perspective even in grief, but joy at knowing you will all be together again! I get goosebumps thinking of that teen thanking Nicholas for showing him The Way. Some people live decades and never have a positive, eternal impact on someone's life. It has been too long since I led someone to the Lord-I should testify of God's goodness more often.

Jennifer

James and Christen said...

Hey Tamre, Your kids looks wonderful. Thanks for the update. Time sure does fly!!! Your William looks like a doll. In some ways I think it is nice to have the space between kids, you get to enjoy them a little more because everything isn't so hectic! Enjoy your summer.
Christen